(*) The abstract is NOT MANDATORY. It will be only used as a polling/survey mechanism for the track chairs to quickly know the subject and research lines of each of the article/paper proposals. It will not be evaluated by reviewers and not binding for the acceptance of the paper.
June 1st, 2018 (extended deadline)
July 27th, 2018 (extended deadline)
Notification of acceptance.
September 15th, 2018 (extended deadline)
Ambient Assisted Living (IWAAL)
- Monitoring and management of chronic and non-chronic diseases in AAL.
- Solutions for active aging, social integration and self-care.
- Learning, Training and Coaching systems to promote healthy life in AAL environments.
- Stress, burden and quality of life of caregivers and other healthcare professionals.
- Security and privacy in AAL.
- Behaviour analysis in AAL environments.
- Experiences and study cases in AAL.
- Smart homes and sensor networks for AAL.
- Context-Awareness in AAL environments.
- Middleware and frameworks for AAL.
- Standards and interoperability.
- Natural User Interface.
- Human-Centric Interfaces for AmI environments.
- Multimodal Interface.
- Use of context and location information in user interfaces.
- Novel input devices.
- Robot-Human interaction.
- Human-Ambient Interaction.
- Mobile Interfaces.
- Affective Interfaces.
- User modeling.
- Personalization and adaptation of user interfaces.
- Ubiquitous and ambient displays.
- User experience in Ambient Computing.
- Interaction with smart objects.
- Tangible and wearable interfaces.
- Brain computer interaction.
- Evaluation of interfaces in Ambient and Ubiquitous environments.
- Mobile Augmented Reality.
- New methods and methodologies for Evaluation.
- Theoretical aspects of HCI.
- Adaptive interfaces.
- Case studies for users with special needs.
- Cultural aspects of design.
- HCI & e-Learning
- Context awareness in learning process
- Health, wellness and disease monitoring.
- Communication, cloud, fog and network architectures for Health.
- Education and e-Learning systems in Health domains.
- Knowledge management for health: context, cognition, behavior and user modeling.
- Data Science for Health environments.
- Health ecosystems: frameworks, models and methodologies.
- Interaction, social and user experience within Health environments.
- Gamification and Serious Games for Health
- Mobile and ubiquitous Health.
- Smart technologies and algorithms for Health
- Health Education
Internet of Things (IoT) and Sensors
- IoT enabling technologies, techniques and methods.
- IoT application and services.
- Current and future trends in IoT.
- IoT societal impacts.
- Security, privacy and trust in IoT.
- IoT interoperability, integration and performance.
- IoT experimental results and deployment scenarios.
- Human factors in IoT.
- Sensor design, integration and combination.
- Architectures, protocols and algorithms of sensor networks.
- Energy management, resource allocation, quality of service (QoS) and fault tolerance in Sensor Networks.
- Applications of hybrid sensor networks.
- Innovative real-world sensor deployments and applications.
- Sensor and actuator technologies in ambient assisted living contexts.
- Adaptive Environments.
- Ambient Behavioural Analysis.
- Big data within Intelligent Environments.
- Design principle and guidelines for Intelligent Environments.
- Enabling intelligence within environments.
- Environmental Assistive Agents.
- Indirect/Inferred Sensing though environmental side channels.
- Industry 4.0: Environments, facilities and solutions.
- Intelligent Surveillance and Alerting.
- Smart Environments and e-learning process.
- Smart Classes
- Smart Labs
- Smart Campuses
- LPWAN technologies/long range communications.
- Pervasive Care Solutions.
- Predictive Maintenance.
- Retroactively provisioned smart environments.
- Resilient/Self-Healing Infrastructure technologies.
- Secure Access Control Solutions.
- Smart Cities - sensing, realisation and optimisation.
- Solutions enabling intelligent design, visualisation or simulation of intelligent environments.
UCAmI invites high quality contributions describing significant, original and unpublished results for submission in the following categories:
Intended to allow presentation of academic research results of high quality. Submissions must contain an original contribution and may not have already been published in another forum, nor be subject to review for other conferences or publications. Contributions should include unpublished results of research, case studies or experiences that provide new evidence about the research or application regarding to the main topics. Articles accepted in this category will be published in the proceedings of the event. All papers should be written in English.
Intended to allow presentation of ongoing studies with partial (however, significant) results. Submissions must contain an original contribution and may not have already been published in another forum, nor be subject to review for other conferences or publications. Articles accepted in this category will be published in the proceedings of the event. All papers should be written in English.
Since UCAmI conference proceedings will be finally published in MDPI Proceedings (ISSN 2504-3900), templates for conference papers are provided by MDPI.
However, If you have already written your manuscript with the previous template provided, you are not required to change it in this current paper submission stage. In case of your paper is accepted (after Notification of acceptance), you will have to adopt the MDPI template for the Camera-ready version.Lastly, do not be worried about the number of pages because it is only a tentative limit.
Author instructions are here.
Definitive templates are provided below.
All submissions should be made by the EasyChair platform and must follow the templates provided above. Details of the paper submission process will be announced soon through the website of the conference. You can submit your paper through the following: